Founded in 1870, Homefield Preparatory School is fast approaching its 150th anniversary; we are a school steeped in history. Right from the very beginning to the present day we have been renowned for our high standards of scholastic achievement and for producing boys with extremely good manners and a strong sense of civic responsiblility. In April 1968, Group Captain Douglas Bader opened the school at our present location on Western Road, Sutton. Parents, Old Boys and the Homefield Parent Association contributed time and money to the landscaping of the grounds at the time. In 1970 the school’s centenary was marked by a week of joyous celebrations.
Over the years the school has continued to see improvements and was one of the first in the area to erect a custom-built sports hall in 1985, paid for by kind donations and fund raising. More recently the school's facilities have grown even further with the addition of the Early Years Department in 1994 and a fully equipped kitchen that has won awards for cleanliness and healthy eating. Our outstanding Art and Design studios and very impressive Science laboratories ensure that the school is fully resourced for today's educational requirements.